Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

1. Melina Marchetta

January was all Marchetta all the time. In one month, I devoured Saving Francesca, The Piper's Son, and Finnikin of the Rock. But the real, cementing read was Jellicoe Road in March, when Marchetta bought part of my soul. (I need to finish the Lumatere Chronicles like, asap.)


2. V.E. Schwab

I'm ashamed to say I own The Archived (and also I didn't put together that Victoria and V.E. are the same? ???) and Vicious has been on my TBR for two years and I didn't read a word by Schwab until all of my friends went googoo for A Darker Shade of Magic in March. Now I kind of want to throw myself at her feet?


3. Matt Fraction

I was never an Avengers fan until the MCU came onto the scene, and even after three movies, I just can't find it in myself to care about Hawkeye.

Hawkguy, however. The MarvelNow imprint is absolutely amazing. You should definitely be reading these.

4. Ilona Andrews

Urban fantasy. We've had a rocky road. I liked Harris for longer than I probably should have. I'm enjoying Briggs. But Andrews and Kate Daniels really stole my heart. It doesn't hurt that I enjoy the audiobooks quite a lot and my library has them all. So while I work on spreadsheets, Kate works on killing everything with a pulse. And I like that.


5. Susanna Kearsley

The gold standard in timeslip for 20 years for a reason.


6. Rainbow Rowell

This is a tough one to put on the list, because I know Landline isn't necessarily representative of Rowell's work. But damn it was good. I have Fangirl on my Kindle and even if they're not similar, I'm way more willing to give it a chance now.


7. Leah Raeder

I read Cam Girl in one emotion-filled plane ride. Which, btw, I do not recommend when you get to the sex scenes. I have a few quibbles, but this book is a revelation and I can't believe I didn't read Black Iris last year with everyone else.

8. Emery Lord

I read the description and was like, "I'm sorry, this is Taylor Swift/Nick Jonas fanfiction?" And yeah, it kind of is. It's also the best, funniest contemporary I've read in a long time. Gimme her next book.


9. Leigh Bardugo

OH MY GOD THIS BOOK.

I have the first two Grisha books. I actually won a gorgeous UK copy of the second and I'VE NEVER OPENED IT. BUT THIS BOOK YOU GUYS. HAVE YOU READ IT?

10. Seanan McGuire

Seanan may be cheating a little bit, because I am quite familiar with her pen name, Mira Grant. However, the two are separated very clearly stylistically, so I'm going with this.  Seanan was a late in the year discovery, a belated Halloween read, but I've already got quite a TBR list for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.