|Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.|
List by DanielleIf I'm stuck on a deserted island, I'm going to need a lot of help. I'm probably the least outdoors-y person on this planet, not the least because I'm allergic to grass, mold, dust, pollen, and anything with fur. And I'm not much for the running or jumping or fishing or... Basically, if this was the Hunger Games, I'd find a way to die before my pod opened. So with that in mind, I've picked a top ten roster of dreamy book boys (and girls) who can support me in my time of need. My top ten characters I want with me on a deserted island?
- Finnick Odair: Deserted island means water. Water means Finnick. Did you SEE the man in Catching Fire? With the diving and the trident and the sugar cube? I need to cool down.
- Akiva: DoGaM proved that a seraphim is an excellent thing to take on a camping trip. You never have to light a fire, they can fight and hunt, and then there's the whole magic thing. Which reminds me:
- Karou: Firstly, Karou and Akiva are a matched set, but more importantly, you never have to worry about death! Scuppies are pretty useless in Prague, but I bet I could find lots of uses for them in the wilderness. And there was that "house" on the beach at the end of DoGaM. <.< >.>
Our friend Gilly @ theartofyoungadult.tumblr.com is AMAZING
- Ismae: Not only is the star of Grave Mercy immune to poison, she can pass that immunity on to those around her. And she's the daughter of Death, which is something I'd really need on my side.
- Captain Thorne: We know the man can successfully navigate the Sahara Desert with Cress, so I have a lot of faith he could navigate a moderate sized island. He's resourceful and he'd at least have great stories. And he's like Flynn Rider mixed with a space pirate, so he can come sit next to me.
- Ignifex: He's a demon lord, but the real reason is my mammoth crush. Just being honest.
- Yukiko and Buruu: Nothing is getting into our camp with these two around, and Buruu's constant snark will keep spirits up!
- Veralidaine Sarrasri: A wild mage who can not only hunt and trap, but transform into animals, communicate with gods, and brings the cutest pet dragon in history? How could she get any better?
- Numair Salmalín: My first book boyfriend is one of the most powerful mages in the world, but completely down to earth and not above starting his own fires and sourcing his own food. AND HE AND DIANE ARE PERFECT AND I WANT TO BE WITH THEM AND BE THEIR FRIEND AND
- Owen Wedgwood: Cinnamon and Gunpowder is all about Wedge making amazing gourmet food on deserted islands! Who else to round out our top ten?
Well readers, obviously food is the most important thing in my life, since it's all my list is built on. Are you smarter than me? Would you pick people who can fly you off this dratted island? People who know how to build shelter? Let us know in the comments!