New Bookish Arrivals!

Sunday, April 21, 2013
I received a generous state tax return, which turned around to use to buy and pre-order 19 books. The first wave aka "the only only ones already published" have showed up.


I've already read three of these - Graffiti Moon, Ultraviolet, India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy - but I needed physical copies to hold/love/complete a series.

Ultraviolet/Quicksilver by R.J. Anderson - I loved the first, could not get an ARC of the second for the life of me, so I scooped up both when they were on sale.

In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters - lots of hype, lots of great reviews from trusted sources.

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - read and loved to bits in 2011, finally bought myself a copy. Lovely, funny, real, this is one of the best of Aussie YA.

India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy by Carol K. Carr -  I was sent an e-ARC from a publisher, but I own paperback editions of the first two. So, clearly, I needed to complete the series.

I had a long weekend with family,p and no trip is complete without checking out the local bookstores. So, this happened:


The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett - a high fantasy I've had my eye on for a while - only $5!

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - another I've beren very eager to read for over a year. I read this in the car on the way home (instead of the books I was supposed to read) and I cried. And loved it.

Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson - You had me at "Bluebeard". I'm not really sure what to expect with this one - some of my friends have loved, hated or been indifferent. All I know is I am excited to see how it goes.

Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan - another highly anticipated fantasy debut. The amazing Ewa read it, and had some interesting thoughts on it.

Poison by Bridget Zinn - This just looked too cute and fun to pass up. It may not be the most original idea, but it looks like loads of fun.

3 comments:

  1. I do hope you'll love In the Shadow of Blackbirds! So happy you bought it!

    And yeah, interested to hear your thoughts on Strands. I was kinda one of the indifferent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 books?! NICE.
    Ohhh.... In the Shadow of Blackbirds and Graffiti Moon. <3 And A Monster Calls was so very sad but so very amazing. :)
    Gah, India Black. I still need to read you! *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graffiti Moon is just SO good! I've also heard great things about In the Shadow of Blackbirds, A Monster Calls, and Ultraviolet - all on my TBR Shelf! Enjoy these additions to your shelves, Jessie! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.