Jessie's June Books

Saturday, July 4, 2015
So I did really, really good at not buying books in June. It was weird. I mean I bought some -- I'm not a saint -- but it was way way down from what I usually bring in. See?

Bought:



A Crown for Cold Silver by Alex Marshall -- so this has had mixed reviews but I love the title, the tagline ("it was all going so well, right up until he massacre") and there's a bisexual female general. Sold.

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes - I've already read this and it is goddamn fantastic. Cults + The Girl With No Hands + great writing.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - I have this as an ARC but the time was right for a physical copy.

Sent:









What We Left Behind by Robin Talley --- thank you Harlequin Teen!
Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne --- thank you Bloomsbury!
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston --- thank you Christina Reads YA!
First & Then by Emma Mills --- thank you MacMillan!
Avelynn by Marissa Campbell --- thank you St. Martin's Griffin!

Gifted:



















ARC of Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta --- thank you Lili for adding to my Marchetta collection <3
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman --- HOLY SHIT GUYS READ THIS RIGHT NOW OK OK
Wonder by R.J. Palacio -- planned for a buddy read with the lovely Lili
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly --- new book by one of my very favorite authors! YAAASSS.
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman --- want want want have have have joy joy joy 
Court of Fives by Kate Elliott --- I have loved all her adult fantasy so this is beyond exciting. 

thank you thank you Lili, Bekka, and Paige! <3 

Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
Talon by Julie Kagawa 

gifted by Lyn along with TWO awesome gifts -- a Tootless figurine and a dragon neckalce. I haven't taken the neckalce off and Tootless stands guard on my computer.

Thank you my lovely friend for your care package <3

Say Goodnight Gracie by Julie Reece Deaver--- So I made poor Lindsey read Jellicoe Road and I am pretty sure this book is her revenge.

A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannnah Moskowitz - this was a generous gift from Christina of Christina Reads YA! I love this author's unique style and am really curious to see what she does with fairies.


Won:




Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older --- I have wanted this since the cover was revealed. I love the tagline and it's gotten some great reviews. So excited to start it sooooon.


e-ARCs:



The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Young Widows Club by Alexandra Coutts
Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales
Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith

Any new books you're particularly excited for coming out soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.