Unpopular Opinions Tag

Friday, September 25, 2015
A popular book or series that you didn’t like.

The Legend series by Marie Lu. I did okay with book one, but oh my god was it ever a chore after that. The characters were so lifeless and dull. The one character I did like was killed off and so was any remaining interest I had held onto up to that point.
It took me months to get 200 pages into Champion. I should have never even tried.

A book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love.



 
The Tearling series by Erika Johansen. I do not know why or how the backlash came for this because I love these books. They are very much a crack-fantasy but they're super entertaining and have some great characters. The second book really kicks things onto another level, as well.

A love triangle that didn’t end the way you wanted it to.

Well I was initially very much a Chaoleana shipper for three books but that did not work how I wanted. At first. Now I have a new ship for both Chaol and for Celaena, but that's as close as I get?

A book genre that you hardly reach for.

Thriller/horror. I do not enjoy being frightened at all. On the rare occasions I do try, it usually stays with me far too long and bothers me far too much. I only lasted 3 season with The Walking Dead and only really read the zombie novels that go for introspection (GWATG) than gore.

A popular author you just can’t seem to enjoy.

Mindy McGinnis.
I want to love her books, I do. But they never rate higher than a 3.5 for me. The premises are perfection but something in her execution just does not connect with me as a reader.

A popular trope you’re tired of seeing.

I am so over fridging in any genre; I don't even have words for it. Also, sex-as-healing. Makes me lauuuuugh every time. (I'm looking at you, fantasy genre.)

A popular series you have no interest in reading.

Anything by or tangentially connected to Cassandra Clare or her books. Big pile of "noooope" for anything and everything re: that lady.

A movie or TV show that was better than the book.

Stardust the movie is far, far better than the book (sorry not sorry, Gaimanites). How to Train Your Dragon (and its sequels, I assume)  is also a terrible disappointment to read, especially if you have seen and loved the movies beforehand. Do not recommend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.