So 2016 was a good year for us here at Ageless Pages, content-wise. Dani and I posted more than ever before in our soon-to-be-six-year-history; we got to be pretty consistent as far as number of posts per month went. I personally found a blogging rhythm, and though we both slumped a time or two, we kept it up all year long. (Stats and Challenges post for 2016 soon to come!)
So, with that in mind: I decided to try and be even more proactive in 2017.
1. Have fun!This is a hobby. One I choose and one I love but the days of stressing about it are over for me. I do this when and how I feel like it. This relaxed approach actually has lead me to be much more productive --- I had the last half of November and most of December posts scheduled by mid-November. I'm a month+ ahead of pub dates for my ARC review queue. So no more feelings of obligation for this blogger.
2. Aim for 22 posts per month (combined, not just me)I would love to be above 260 posts in one year. No real reason for that; it's an arbitrary number just far enough exceeding 2016's output that it feels possible and like a challenge. And it's always held true that I work well with a goal.
3. Write more discussion postsI've always kind of shied away from these. I have a lot of opinions about a wide range of topics (both concerning books and not) and for a long time I didn't really want to express them in case of offending people. Well, those days are also gone. This is still a review blog but expect more variety/politics from us in the future.
4. Respond to all blog comments/ Comment on friends' blog moreI am pretty good at visiting blogs that visit me. But I used to be much better at taking the initiative and comment-bombing reviews instead of reading + responding on twitter. Blogging is a labor of love. And it is one that we do purely out of love for literature, so it's always nice to hear back.
5. Cross-Post ReviewsI have always, always been terrible about this. Before 2013 (sssh I am an old), I at least crossposted most to GR. Sometimes I remember to update them on retailer sites but going forward in 2017, I'm going to make sure all my reviews go up on Amazon, at least.
What about you? Any plans for blogging? Reading? Life in general for 2017?