Top Ten Tuesday is all thanks to The Broke and the Bookish! This lovely header is thanks to APR's own Dani.
This week is a freebie and I am also posting on Wednesday rather than Tuesday! It's anarchy!
I thought about doing "books I wish had dragons in them" but that... would be all of them. So. Since I tend to get attached to places/cultures/etc. as well as the people in a book, I thought of all the worlds that I had problems leaving. Some are recent reads, other are ones that have left me wanting more for years.
1. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge -- starring Nyx's sister, the often-heard-about but not seen on page Astraia.
2. The Royal We by Jessica Morgan & Heather Cocks -- starring Freddie, OF COURSE.
3. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton -- starring Ava, as an adult
4. Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn - starring the children of the book's OTP.
5. Dissonance and Resonance by Erica O'Rourke - starring Addie, the gay, cranky sister of the original duology's MC.
6. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi -- starring.. anyone! One of Alice's siblings, maybe? I just need more of this vibrant, magical world.
7. House of Shadows by Rachel Neumeier -- this book was just okay, but I loved the world and magic used. So.. redo?
8. The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman -- so not quiiiite a spinoff per se, but I would love a retelling of this from the viewpoint of the antagonist.
9. A Night Like This by Julia Quinn -- my favorite of the Smythe-Smith Quartet, this series desperately needs to continue with the lives of the hilarious Harriet, Elizabeth, and Frances.
10. Seraphina & Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman -- starring Orma. Or any of the other saarantrai, really. I just love the the creative world the author built in just two books.