Blog Watch Wednesday

Wednesday, May 25, 2011
The big reveal for pottermore has come and gone, and whether you were excited or let down by J.K. Rowling's newest endeavor, there is no denying pottermore is big literary news. Over at i swim for oceans, there is a neat post on pottermore and evolving literature. It's a well-written and thoughtful post.
A blog I recently discovered (with help from the amazing Audra at Unabridged Chick) Burton Book Review is awesome. I've wasted far too much time there pondering the detailed, extensive Jean Plaidy/Victoria Holt bibliography. Before Versailles is a novel I'd had my eye on for a while and this detailed review makes me all the more keen to dig in.
Supernatural Snark, a blog after my very heart/humor, made me laugh out loud with this gem of a Cover Critique. I rather enjoyed reading that earlier this week! They've also got a nice interview with Julie Kagawa up on the site.
Another book that's been garnering a lot of praise and word-of-mouth is Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. I was on the fence about reading this -- if handled wrong I would be squicked out for real -- but this review pushed me over onto the "gonna read it" side. (I'm A Book Shark)
aaaand lastly, Danielle over at My Mercurial Musings was lucky enough to attend a Les Grossman/Neil Gaiman reading in NYC. Once again, I am super jealous and charmed by the Gaiman. But who isn't? Pop on over and give her blog a look: she's just starting out and is super friendly and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.