Added This Week & Blog News

Friday, November 1, 2013
November is my favorite month! Not only is it my birthday, but also snow and Thanksgiving and fireplaces and hot tea... yeah. I love winter. At least until January --- but still! Yay November. And speaking of my birthday, I won't be around from the 1-6th. 

Why? 

Because my lovely and wonderful boyfriend is taking me to Disneyland on a trip that also includes his best friend and one of mine! I haven't been to Disneyland in about ten years, so I am pretty excited to both go on a little trip with some of my favorite people and to ride some fun rides.


Also, My family got me a kayak. They are made of fantastic.


So. Anyway. If anyone needs me (unlikely though it is) tweet me, email me, smoke signal me, etc. etc. Otherwise, this domain is Danielle's until I come back to reclaim it.

That said, I have a pretty huge haul. I haven't done one for a few weeks AND I have lovely, amazing friends who sent me birthday books.

First up -- birthday books!


Small Damages by Beth Kephart -- gifted from Bekka of Pretty Deadly Reviews
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas -- gifted from Christina of Christina Reads YA
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -- also from Christina
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas -- gifted from Kara of Great Imaginations
Swimming at Night by Lucy Clarke -- also from Kara


Sent books -- tours, friends, generosity



Marco Impossible by Hannah Moskowitz -- kindly sent from Christina of Reader of Fictions
All the Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry -- donated by awesome blogger Rachel from Hello, Chelly.
Boneshaker/Dreadnought by Cherie Priest -- another example of Christina's generosity
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys -- another from Christina at Reader of Fictions
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill -- from TLC Book Tours
The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney -- won from author via Twitter




Sekret by Lindsay Smith -- thanks to MacMillan
The Boleyn Bride by Brandy Purdy -- thanks to Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours
The Sowing by K. Makansi -- from TLC Book Tours
A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron -- sent from the lovely Ashleigh of the YA Kitten
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira -- thanks MacMillan
Copperhead by Tina Connolly -- thanks to the folks at Tor!




Plus One by Elizabeth Fama -- thanks MacMillan
The Supreme Macaroni Company by Adriana Trigiani -- from TLC Book Tours
Just One Year by Gayle Forman -- bought
UnWholly by Neal Shusterman -- bought
The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch -- bought

and finally, because they came all the way from the UK and I love their covers:


The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman -- bought
The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth -- bought


So, yeah -- all in all, I think I have been pretty blessed these last few weeks. Friends, publishers, my wallet -- I thank you all!

2 comments:

  1. Fangirl, Just One Year, Out of the Easy, A Spark Unseen, Small Damages, and All the Truth That's In Me are just fantastic! I hope you enjoy all your books and here's wishing you a very happy birthday, Jessie!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. One, Happy Birthday!!!!!! Two, I love kyaking. The hubby and I are talking about buying a kayak as well. :) Three, Have a great time on your trip! Four, I will never feel bad about buying books again, I know those were gifts but WOW, the sheer number of them is astounding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.