Top Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I'm trying to reduce my TBR, not add to it. But I'm still a book blogger and more, I'm still me, so here are the top ten books I've recently added to the TBR even if I totally didn't mean to.



1. Duke of Midnight by Elisabeth Hoyt - A commenter said, "the hero is basically Georgian Batman" and the book was magically already in my Amazon cart???

2 - 3. The Heiress and The Husband Hunt by Linsay Sands - The sequels to my new favorite book? Yes please!

4. Written in Red by Anne Bishop - When I asked the Twitters for ideas on new UF series, I got two answers. The Hollows, which my girlfriend has had on my TBR for ages, and The Others.



5. Last Will and Testament by Dahlia Adler - I mean, we did do a cover reveal for the sequel. And I loved Under the Lights.

6.  The Crown by Kiera Cass - Why fight it? We all know I'm going to read it. And the next. And the next.

7. I'm with Cupid by Anna Staniszewski - I'm not a huge MG reader, but I liked the author's Dirt Diaries and thought this had a pretty cute premise.



8. Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky - Oh my god, have we all read this synopsis? I'm dying. And I mean, so are The Ruperts. (Hate the cover, though.)

9. Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs - I go back and forth on whether or not I like short story collections like these, but my library got a copy so soon it will be mine.

10. Risuko by David Kulder - Cover good. Fire bad. Brain primitive.

So that's where I'm at this fine January, with 10 more books on my TBR and not a one removed. Oops. What about you, readers? Anything here sound good? Anything else I should be adding?


6 comments:

  1. Georgian Batman?!? I must get this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE HERO'S NAME IS MAXIMUS BATTEN. mAX BAT!

      Delete
  2. LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT!! That was one of my fave books last year and one of two 5-star ratings I've ever given to NA. Are we surprised? Dahlia's the queen.

    I also verrrry want to read Written in Read. I feel like everyone has been starting that series lately and I'm just !!

    Also, I refuse to believe that's the final cover for Kill the Boy Band. I know it's coming out a month, but that's plenty of time for them to get their shit together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the LWaT shoutout!! And yesss I so highly rec KILL THE BOY BAND. I'm pretty desperate to know how they settled on that cover, but I wonder if they thought the title alone would sell the book. Which, honestly, it kinda does! (And it's great.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for writing books I want to read!

      Hearing you rec it makes me want Kill The Boy Band all the more. I do think the title stands alone, but I think a different font would have made all the difference. Something like the Rock of Ages or even 1Ds album font to make it look more "band-y"?

      http://utahtheatrebloggers.com/wp-content/files/2012/03/Rock-of-Ages.jpg

      https://s1cclassblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/one-direction-big-album-cover1.jpg

      Delete
  4. OMG we read Written in Red for our FF pick for February! I wish I had seen this sooner, I would have asked you to read it with us!!! It is AWESOME, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.