The Totally Should've Book Tag

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

 (This tag was created by Emma Books on YouTube and you can watch the original video here.)


Almost a month ago, Bekka at Pretty Deadly Reviews named us in the Totally Should've tag that's been going around our corner of the internet. We are lazy and indecisive people so it obviously took us a while, but voila: 
Dani and Jessie's Totally Should'ves!

a book that totally should’ve had a sequel.



Jessie: Uprooted by Naomi Novik. In truth, I haven't fully given up on this wish. I would just really like to see what else the Dragon and Agnieszka can get into. Also I want a cover to match with the original.



Dani: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. I'm not sure Taylor and Jonah need more story, as their ending is pretty darn perfect, but another story for Jessa or even Raffy?

The Listeners. That's what I get for falling in love with an indy. I know it's been four years and I have to let it go, but this horror story deserved so much more.

a book or series that totally should’ve had a spin-off.

D: THE. MAR. AUD. ERS.

J: I would pay many many monies to read Angela & Holly: The College Years, the NA spin off of The Lynburn Legacy. Okay so I just invented that but I really reallllly wanna read it right now.Also: FUCKING DITTO TO DANI'S ANSWER.

an author that should totally write more books.

J: Franny Billingsley! I've read her MG novel, but I really need more YA or even adult books. Chime is one of my favorite books and I just want more.

D: Whatcha doing Gina Damico? Why won't you let me love you harder?

a character who totally should’ve ended up with someone else.

J: Hmmm... I tend to be pretty good at picking the winning leg of a love tripod.... so I tend to bet on the winner but...I'm gonna say Chaol/Dorian instead of Chaol/Nesryn.

 photo anigif_enhanced-5917-1405544877-19_zpsyclkcivh.gif

D: Rincewind and Twoflower are meant to be. I will hear nothing else. Sookie belongs with Eric. Oh and Celaenehemia. *covering ears* *singing loudly*

a book that totally should’ve ended differently

D: Meagan Spooner and I aren't speaking after the end of Lark Ascending.

J: Never not going to be laughing at how The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender ended. I don't know how the author could have satisfactorily finished that mess of a novel but anything is better than <<my missing brother can turn into a chair at will and has been hiding from us for weeks!!!>>

a book series that totally should’ve had a movie franchise

J:  Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. I would love to see that done --- but it would have to be done carefully because I WILL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN if they ruin these hypothetical movies.

D: OH MY FUCKING DITTO

Also Mistborn. But let's go back to DoSaB.

a book or series that totally should’ve been a tv show.

D: Cruel Beauty as a gorgeous mini series. Right? Complex, several big reveals, gorgeous cinematography. Right?

J: I would love to see Scott Lynch's Gentleman Bastards books get a tv series. It's a great mix of what people love on tv right now (complex fantasy) but also does some new things with the storylines and has great characters and plots.

a book that totally should’ve had one point of view.

J: I am going to have to saaaay.. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. It's not a bad book - I liked it - but the three POVs, with two anony-obvious, it just felt so cluttered and head-jumpy. Lia is a strong enough character to carry the whole series, she doesn't need Rafe or Kaden.

D: I think The Emperor's Blades would have been stronger as two single POV novels, one for Kaden and one for Valyn. As I said in my review, Adare's POV is a total miss and the book is distractingly dense.

a book or series that totally should have had a cover change.

D: A Crown for Cold Silver. I'm asleep. In a coma. Maybe dead. (Way not to show your 50+ female lead so men will still buy this series, right Orbit?)

J: Can someone please save The Skylighter by Becky Wallace? I actually quite like The Storyspinner's cover, but I have deliberately passed up this sequel numerous times because I don't want to buy that cover.

a book or series that totally should’ve kept the original covers.

J: Here is where I plant my flag and state my forever petition aka: "CHANGE THE LYNBURN COVERS BAAAAACK!" Out of the three it's been given, only one is truly good (original US on left, UK cover, re-done US cover.)



D: Anna and the French Kiss. There's nothing wrong with the new Anna and Lola covers, but which of these is better? The one with the goddamn PERSONALITY.


a series that totally should’ve stopped at book one.

D:Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend. Oh my god I was SO MAD when I found out this wasn't a stand alone. Go to your room.

J: Anything after book one by Maria V. Snyder?? I've read three series by her and every. single. time. the first book is great and fun, and the second book is okaaaayish and similar to book one, and the third is ehhhhhh bordering on terrible and boring. It just destroys the fun of the first by the end. #sticktostandalones


Tagging:
Ash at yAdult Review
Morgan at Gone with the Words
Lindsey at Bring My Books
Lyn/Kara at Great Imaginations





5 comments:

  1. Oh my god I am screaming at the Lemon Cake spoiler. WHAT. How can that be real???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally nothing makes me laugh harder. I want to read it just so I can "whaaat?" more effectively.

      Delete
    2. IT IS SO BAD. It is SO stupid. And it got so many rave reviews and I'm over here just ????

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'd love an Uprooted sequel (more adventures!!) AND a prequel! We got a taste of the rich history of their land but I want mooooooore.

    Mauraders! And I'll never give up my wish for Hogwarts Founders historical fantasy (apparently I really want prequels? hahah). OMG a Lynburn spinoff would be the best!

    MY YA STUCKY, CHORIANNNNNNNN. I want it so bad. So so bad. Ever since I noticed those Winter Soldier parallels (I might have a problem). But honestly, they have history and deep friendship, it would bring at least a teensy bit of rep to the books, and Nesryn is just whatever. (I love that gif!)

    WTF with that spoiler lol!!!!!

    Ooh Cruel Beauty would be a gorgeous miniseries!

    The original Lynburn cover was so beautifullllll why did they change it! I don't even mind the US redesign for book 1 but books 2 and 3 are really awful.

    I HAVE BEEN TAGGED. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A PREQUEL. That is also acceptable. The author does have a long running series already so I don't know why she won't just give us an Uprooted series lol.

      YA STUCKY FO LIFE. I don't mind Nesryn -- some more diversity is v v needed -- but she just seemed so shoehorned in. "Chaol isn't with Celeana, better get him a hetero love interest stat!" NOTHANKYOU. (yes me too perfect gif is perfect)

      NEVER READ THAT BOOK, MORGAN. IT IS LE TERRIBLE.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.