Book Haul

Monday, May 2, 2016
It's been a few weeks since I posted a book haul, so here's a look at what's new to my shelves while I am getting ready to head off Chicago to collect even more books!

I was sent a few reads for tours or as gifts:




By Helen's Hand by Amalia Carosella (Helen of Sparta  #2) - I loved book one's take on Helen's legend and plan to reread that before getting to this in early June!





The Rivals of Versailles by Sally Christie (Mistresses of Versailles #2) - like the book before, I loved the series opener when I read it last year. I am really curious to see how this author handles the Marquise de Pompadour!




Poppy by Mary Hooper - set in England and centered around WWI and has kind of an upstairs-downstairs air to the book's description. I don't know too much about it but I plan to read it soon and hope to love it like I did Code Name Verity for WWII.

...and I was lucky enough to also get this present in the mail from the lovely Ash at yAdult Review:



Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell - this is super short and I of course had to read it right away. I quite liked it and it reminded me of Rowell's talent for charming geeks and dorks, but this was a bit too short for any lasting impact. Still, I liked it.


(Thank you HFVBT Book Tours, Bloomsbury, and Ash!)

And bought a few:




The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney - this sounds like a gossipy drama and I am 100% here for uppercrust shenanigans and malfuctions
The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katrina Bivald - I saw Lindsey from Bring My Books reading this a few weeks ago and my curiosity was piqued. 

aaand, of course, the fantasy selection:



Saint's Blood by Sebastien de Castell (Greatcoats #3) - I've really liked this series and it's gotten better with each book. The US covers are also especially gorgeous.
The Mortal Tally by Sam Sykes (Bring Down Heaven #2) - I don't know much about this actually, but I plan to start book one soon and I don't want to wait for the sequel. #impulsebuy
The Silver Tide by Jen Williams (The Copper Cat #3) - the last in this fun series, I am not really sure I am ready to say goodbye to these characters.

Also bought this lovely fantasy, Daughters of Ruin by K.D. Castner:





How could I resist that back page??

I went a little bit beyond my monthly allowance, but in my defense, there were a lot of really good books I wanted to read. Anything on here you plan to read to like? 

Here's to better luck this month at my book buying restrictions, says the woman headed to a giant book conference...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.