But First, A Non-BEA Book Haul

Sunday, May 15, 2016
While I was away at BEA, I was lucky enough to get some pretty awesome book mail. While I wait for my BEA books to finish showing up, I figured this would do for a newish haul.

From the lovely people of Tor Teen:


Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter

This book is gorgeous. The chapter headings are different, unique, and just the right amount of macabre.


I cannot wait to read Vassa and see this Kingdom of Brooklyn!



From the kind folks at Bloomsbury:

 

The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano

I haven't read a lot of MG this year, but I am pretty curious how DeStefano will continue from A Curious Tale of the In-Between

From TLC Book Tours:


Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman

I really loved the Book of Blood and Shadow a few years ago. This premise sounded interesting and like it might be just as creepy-fun.


aaand a lovely pile from MacMillan:



Nemesis by Anna Banks - a new fantasy from the author of a mermaid series.

Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall - bisexual male protagonist so I had to try tho my history with this author is checkered.

Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick - another author I've both loved and DNF'd, but this premise lured me in for another g0.

Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity by Kristin Elizabeth Clark - love the title, love the synopsis, hope it's the exception to the YA contemporary roadtrip rule.

This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills - this sounds like a feelsy contemporary and I am always on the lookout for one of those.

Afterward by Jennifer Mathieu - I loved Devoted, and thought The Truth About Alice was a thought-provoking, if imperfect debut. I'm curious to see how she will handle this subject matter/plot.

Aaaand from a giftcard because of course I bought this:


The Summer Dragon by Todd Lockwood - fantasy. dragons. cool cover. Is anyone surprised?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.