Inside Out Book Tag

Thursday, November 17, 2016
01

Credit to Lindsey from Bring My Books for posting this and for creating the images used.


I saw this when Lindsey posted it a dew months back and thought it looked fun. So voila, I tag me and Dani -- just a couple months later because we're cool like that.


02


Jessie: I tend to read synopsis, but I know to be wary for spoilers so I do have exceptions. When it's a long anticipated title or a part of a long-running series or a favorite author, I usually avoid the advertising and blurbs. For books that don't hook me immediately or leave me confused, I read those in an attempt to try to see where the book is going or what it's trying to do.

Dani: I absolutely do not care about minor spoilers, so bring on all the summaries. I feel like you can't have too much information to make a decision on a book. I would like to see content notices become more standard on the inside flap, because too often I've picked up a contemporary to be confronted with unexpected ED.

03


Jessie: You can never take my hardbacks from me. I love the dust covers and the way publishers often emboss or accentuate underneath. It's my favorite. For a perfect example:


A photo posted by Jessie Hall Wallace (@jypsyhowl) on


See?

Dani: ebook all day. I spent the first 21 years of my life carrying the Wheel of Time tomes in my backpack, I'm not going back. Besides saving my shoulders, it's just so convenient. I can read one book on my monitor during my lunch break, on my phone on the commute home, and on my Kindle in bed without losing my place. It's basically magic.

04Jessie: Image result

Hell is empty and the devils are all here. No way. I love my books and am too much of a collector to allow dog-eared pages MUCH LESS SCRIBBLING.

Dani: My husband actually bought me one of those journals that you're supposed to fuck up and I used it for a week before crying because I was hurting the beautiful pages.

05

Jessie: “I am one of billions. I am stardust gathered fleetingly into form. I will be ungathered. The stardust will go on to be other things someday and I will be free.”

- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Dani: "When I hit the atmosphere, I'll burn like a meteor. 'I wonder,' he said, 'if anyone'll see me?'"


- Kaleidoscope by Ray Bradbury

06


Jessie: I am ashamed to say that I didn't honestly pay that much attention before this year. But once I started using Crini's worksheets I noticed I read predominately women, in every genre except for fantasy.

Dani: I find I prefer female authors because I prefer female main characters. I also use Crini's spreadsheet, which has an option for "other" in the gender field, but I think I've only used that for anthologies and Illona Andrews, (husband wife writing team.) If I was unsure about an author's gender I would leave it blank and not bat an eye.

07


Jessie: I’ll admit I do sometimes this with favorite authors -- the ones who can break you with a sentence. SOMETIMES I NEED TO BE PREPARED. Even if it makes no sense at the time, as things fall apart and into place, it helps me.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dani: I read the ends of mysteries, especially if I think I've guessed the killer and I need to be right. And with physical books, I have a problem with my eye going directly to the spot on the next page with all the action. Oops.

08



.

09

Jessie: my shelves are organized TO MY OWN SYSTEM (I can see Gillian's pained expression) but that does not mean they are alphabetical. I kept my unread TBR completely separate, and I organize it and my read books by genre and ~~feel. So basically, I put all the fantasy books in 1 (...2) bookcases, but other than keeping series together, it's by what I think looks good.



Anarchy!


It's small but you can see things like Laini Taylor next to Rowling next to Meyer next to Bardugo & Maas.



Dani: It's organized!


(It's not. At all.)
Oh yeah, look at those orphaned series. AGoT separated from ASoS by two Carrigers and a Gaiman. Where is ACoK even at? Look at sci-fi and romance intermingled. Doesn't it make you itch, Gillian?

10



Jessie: I am absolutely guilty of this, though I am trying really hard to be better. But I can admit that I do not like Jackson Pearce's work at all, but I still bought this:


IS GODDAMN AWESOME. I actually dislike the title font rather a lot but the rest is SO GOOD I can deal.

Dani:

DAMN IT CHARTREUSE AND WITCHES. FOILED AGAIN.


11


Jessie: Nowadays I mostly read inside, because I live in the Desert, USA (aka Phoenix) and the outside wants to kill me. I take a book with me every where I go (plus the kindle and nook apps) just in case of any downtime in my day.

Dani: I hate outside. Outside is where all of my allergies are. Plus bugs. Plus I live on a third story walk-up. But I will admit there's something very nice about taking a book to the park in the fall. Once or twice. Before returning to my cave.

&


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.