Danielle's November Reads and (mini) Book Haul

Monday, December 1, 2014
Guess what? I DIDN'T BUY ANY BOOKS THIS MONTH!!!!

But I was approved for four ARCs, two library books came in, and my most amazing TBTBSanta sent me two early gifts. Dash it, how does one actually reduce a TBR list?

But actually, November was kind of a crap month for me, bookwise. I only read eight books, and not big ones like October, and the scores were only middling. I did get my first Bingo, though. IRL, I moved into my own office for the first time in my career and passed a six-hour certification exam, which on top of the holidays, didn't leave a ton of reading time. And I may have played 90s PC games for 12 hours instead of reading on at least one occasion. Nothing can be proven.

Read:

The Body Electric by Beth Revis - 3 Stars (Review)
The Little Christmas Kitchen  by Jenny Oliver - 3 Stars (Review)
The Unhappening of Genesis Lee by Shallee McArthur - 2.5 Stars (Review)
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs - 3.5 Stars
Feed by Mira Grant - 5 Stars
Captive by Aimee Carter - 2.5 Stars (Review)
Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs - 3 Stars
The Jupiter Pirates #2: Curse of the Iris by Jason Fry - 4 Stars (Review to come)

The Mercy Thompson books came from the library and they filled out two Bingo squares. I'm waffling on continuing the series.


Rashika did such a great job on my TBTB Secret Santa box! Not only did she send me A Little Something Different and Dream Thieves, but a super cute cat calendar, chocolate covered pretzels, (my favorite!), Tropic-os, (Peachos are my other favorite!), pickle chips, hot chocolate, and a candy cane the size of my head. Truly, truly spoiled. And the tissue paper is glittery. I only hope my partner loves her box half as much as I love mine.

On the ARC list, 
Not shown: The Witch of Painted Sorrows
DO YOU KNOW HOW EXITED I AM FOR HELLHOLE?! 

So there we go, a pretty quiet month from me. If you want to see a real haul, head over to Jessie's, because the woman with 700 unread books needed another twenty or thirty. 

What about you, friends? How was your Thanksgiving month? Are you finishing out the year strong, or slacking like me?

3 comments:

  1. I tried to read Feed by Mira Grant for the month of November but that never happened. I find it to be a really slow book. I am probably going to finish it this coming week (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it back in the summer when I bought it, and then I put it down for a long time because it did get very slow. I'll be honest, I only picked it back up to use for Bingo, since I'm not a horror fan.

      The end is phenomenal, though. I ended up loving it! I hope you like it!

      Delete
    2. UPDATE: Just finished the book. You were not kidding about that ending. I had no idea that was going to happen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.