February Wrap Up

Monday, February 29, 2016
February! Damn, that month went fast. It was a pretty good month for me -- worked a lot, celebrated six months of marriage with my husband.. a small milestone admittedly, but worth a date-night and some books buying. I read a pretty good number of books for only having 29 day, and I had a lot better reading month ratings-wise than I did in January.

Books Read: 24

Notable Favorites:
These Vicious Masks by Kelly Zekas and Tarun Shanker (VOICE! banter goodness, clever plotting, some tropes but good)
The Daughters of Palatine Hill by Phyllis T. Smith (detailed, smart historical fiction sequel)
Shadows of Self (clever, creative fantasy/western fun and cosmere goodness)
Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson (holy ending what the what also YES STERIS)
In the Land of Armadillos by Helen Maryles Shankman (short powerful magical realism stories about Wlodawa in Poland during WWII)
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (epilogue joyyyyy, also the new stories were excellent)
Quintessence by David Walton (alchemy! flat earth! sea monsters! alternate history!)
Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate (review to come but a strong debut)


Favorite BookInstagram:




I'm sappy this month?? Ssssh.

Are you on Litsy? I am "Jessie" on there --- feel free to follow and I will do the same! 




February. The shortest month. That's my excuse.

Books Read: 7

Notable Favorites: 

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Power by Ryan North, Erica Henderson - ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oaks - ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Reviews Posted:

The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
SO SWEET by Rebekah Weatherspoon
Backlist Review: An Apple for the Creature ed. Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner

I'm also on Litsy as golden_lily. Add me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.