July TBR

Saturday, July 1, 2017



I am still marginally ahead of my ARC list. I am taking a bit of a blogging break -- not quite a hiatus but I did run through most of my scheduled posts. I feel the need to recharge my creative well so if you see less of me on here lately, that would be why.


The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee



The struggle to get into a top-tier college consumes sixteen-year-old Genie Lo's every waking thought. But when her sleepy Bay Area town comes under siege from hell-spawn straight out of Chinese folklore, her priorities are suddenly and forcefully rearranged.

Her only guide to the demonic chaos breaking out around her is Quentin Sun, a beguiling, maddening new transfer student from overseas. Quentin assures Genie she is strong enough to fight these monsters, for she unknowingly harbors an inner power that can level the very gates of Heaven.

Genie will have to dig deep within herself to summon the otherworldly strength that Quentin keeps talking about. But as she does, she finds the secret of her true nature is entwined with his, in a way she could never have imagined…


This looks fantastic and is already garnering good reviews and word of mouth. I can't wait to start it soon.




Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody - a moving city-circus that is constantly shielded by smoke and murder? Sign me tf up.
The Wardrobe Mistress by Meghan Masterson - a young girl gets swept up into the world of fashion and power at the court of Versailles during the reign of Louis XV and Marie Antoinette.







Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz - contemporary YA with art, grief, and a f/f ship (I hope).
The Competition by Donna Russo Morin (Da Vinci's Disciples #2) - Renaissance Florence, Da Vinci, and illegal women artists = a good time for me.


Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic (Hibiscus Daughter #1)



All the women in Iris and Malina’s family have the unique magical ability or “gleam” to manipulate beauty. Iris sees flowers as fractals and turns her kaleidoscope visions into glasswork, while Malina interprets moods as music. But their mother has strict rules to keep their gifts a secret, even in their secluded sea-side town. Iris and Malina are not allowed to share their magic with anyone, and above all, they are forbidden from falling in love.

But when their mother is mysteriously attacked, the sisters will have to unearth the truth behind the quiet lives their mother has built for them. They will discover a wicked curse that haunts their family line—but will they find that the very magic that bonds them together is destined to tear them apart forever?






I love the premise and cover for this rather a lot. 









1 comment:

  1. I'm SO excited to read Daughter of the Burning City and The Gallery of Unfinished Girls! I'm tempted to pre-order them both for my Kindle but I should probably show some restraint.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.