Top Ten Things About Jessie

Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is all thanks to Broke and the Bookish!


Today's topic is pretty open-ended, so I'm going to go with some bookish related facts about myself.

1. I can read 100+ pages in an hour
This is seriously my superpower! I used to be so consistent I could tell how much time had passed based on how many pages I'd read. Nowadays I can read as little as 100 pages in an hour to 115 if I am really really into the story. I get super-focused and the pages just roll byyyyy.

2. I have a library!
I mean in this in the sense that I own enough books to populate a library and also in that I have a separate room in my house that serves just this function. It was the one thing I asked for when we moved and my husband delivered.


(this is just one wall) 

3. I'm a rereader
I know some readers prefer to read a book once and never revisit. And while I can't reread all the books I've liked over the years, I do make it a point to reread the truly special ones at least every couple years.

4. I'm a Ravenclaw
I'm a Ravenclaw twice-over, both my own decision and Pottermore's. But I do admit there's a good 27.8% of me that is definitely Slytherin-ish.

5. I'm a dragon fanatic
If a book mentions a dragon, hints at a dragon, or especially has one on the cover/in the blurb, I WANT TO READ THAT BOOK.

6. Sometimes I really do think the movie > the book
My love for HTTYD is expansive and well-known, but that love is for the movies only. The same goes for Coraline, and Stardust (sorry Gaimanites! I like his stuff... but the movies are better.)

7. Sometimes, I don't like having ARCs
Don't get me wrong, it is a privilege to get them. But it is also a lot of pressure, especially when they come unsolicited. And I always wonder -- what changes from the version I read to the final? Plus the waiting is even longer for a sequel!

8. Most of the time, I love having ARCs
It is really fun seeing your favorite author's newest land on your doorstop.

9. I don't want to be a writer
I know a lot of people assume readers/reviewers/bloggers do so with the hope of one day penning their own opus. Not me. I do like to write and that drive is fulfilled entirely by blogging.  I just have absolutely no desire to imagine and build a story.

10. I've been blogging for 5.5 years and have no plans to stop
YOU'RE STUCK WITH MEEEEEE





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your library! So many pretties! I'm also a Ravenclaw! I agree on the ARCS it's great but sometimes a bit daunting. Congrats on the time blogging! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.