Bookstore Book Tag

Thursday, May 11, 2017
the-bookstore-book-tag
I found this from the lovely Bekka over at Pretty Deadly Blog, who had posted this in November of last year. The Bookstore Book Tag was created by Britt Reads.

The beginning of your trip. You walk into a bookstore and you instantly feel happy: Name a book that has the perfect beginning.



I immediately was caught in The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence by Alyssa Palombo. It begins with a prologue -- which don't always work for me -- but it set the mood and tone perfectly. I knew I was in for a story that was going to be sad and beautiful.


That sad moment when they don’t have the book you were looking for: Name a book that made you bawl your eyes out.




This happens to me an embarrassing amount - so much so that I keep a shelf to remember all the books that make it rain on my face. The most recent additions to the shelf: Angie Thomas's The Hate U Give, The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord, and Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan.

That moment you’re just looking around and find a random book that just speaks to you: Name a hidden gem.


I definitely think more fans of mythic fiction should read Amalia Carosella's Helen of Troy series - Helen of Sparta and By Helen's Hand. A vivid retelling of a familiar story, she gives it new spin and new angles. It's creative and full of fantastic characters.




That moment you finally find the book that you were looking for: Name a book that you’ve waited months and months for to be released.

Obligatory The Winds of Winter answer.




Other than that:
OATHBRINGER by Brandon Sanderon aka BSands himself - due out in November. After years of waiting, there's finally only like 6 months to goooooo. I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm scarexited.

That moment you see a book with a gorgeous cover and you just have to have it: Name a book you bought purely because of its cover.


Sisters Red is my perma-answer for a cover-buy. I don't even like the title font but the rest is SO GOOD I don't even care. However, there are others: Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken, Soundless by Richelle Mead, and A Season of Spells by Sylvia Izzo Hunter.





That moment you have to pay a lot of money for your books but still feel very happy you finally have them: Name a book that made you suffer, but you were still happy about it.




Umm pretty much any of my 5-star reads?  But digging into my emotional-whiplash shelf and excepting titles I've already used (THUG, TNtGU), there are a few titles I think fit the bill rather well: Gemina, The Violinist of Venice, and A Conjuring of Light.

Walking out of the bookstore feeling super happy and excited: Name a book with the perfect ending.


I really loved the ending of Geekerella by Ashley Poston! Skullsworn also had a great finale, as expected of a Staveley fantasy!




Probably the only time these two books will be in the same answer to the a question, lol.



It’s always nice to take a little trip through the bookstore, don’t you think?
Tagging anyone who wants to join!



2 comments:

  1. Ooooh this is fun!! And I love your choices! Esp the obligatory answer haha. I love that A Season of Spells cover! So tempted by that series just for the covers alone. Helen's Hand is a total hidden gem, I'm so glad you told me about it! I still need to read By Helen's Hand. Geekerella was the cutest :) And what is it about emotional whiplash that makes it so 5 star worthy?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a fun tag -- I could imagine both the B&Ns I frewuent the most as I did it, lol. I may or may not have bought all the books in that series for the ASoS cover (spoiler: the series was... okay). Aaaah! By Helen's Hand was an excellent finale for that series. I hope the author does more set in Troy -- like a Hector book!? #dowant

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.