Jessie's TBR Tag!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014
The phenomenal book blogger/artist of YA fandom Gillian from Writer of Wrongs has challenged me to answer these questions three (plus seven.) for...er... TBR Tag? Sisterhood of the World Blogging Tag? I DON'T KNOW, but the point is Gilly B asked me fun questions about books and I HAVE THOUGHTS, LET ME SHARE THEM WITH YOU.




THE RULES: 
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.


1. Which book do you own the most copies of or authors do you own the most books from?

Book I own the most copies of: Harry Potter series. I have 1-7 in classic softcover and hardcover and the new cover paperbacks. I still plan to collect the classic UK covers and the new UK covers. #sorrynotsorry

Author I own the most books by: "Carolyn Keene" and Francine Pascal with 31 each. My teen years are calling to me with this part of the question.

2. What book(s) do you think deserves more hype?


I have a long list, but I'll stick to the three I recommend the most. Rachel Aaron's Eli Monpress series needs more love always, as does Daniel O'Malley's weirdly fantastic The Rook. I would also be so happy to see The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender find a larger home in the world.

3. *whistles innocently* Seen any good TV lately?

HAH you fanatic, Gillian. I've watched the first two episodes of Reign, which is pretty much what you would expect from a CW "historical" show about Queen Mary. Aaaaaand that's it. I will await the community's decision to shun/quarantine myself.

I have added The 100 to my queue, though, so no need for total exile. I just am waiting for the pressure to abate before committing myself (I mean "commit myself" in both senses of the word. I see how this show has affected my friends.)

4. Do you have any secret talents or quirks?


I can wiggle my ears? I've never had a driver's license? I am not necessarily a "quirky" being. I'm just super clumsy and can fold my tongue in half.

5. What was your favorite book of the last month?

I'm sorry I can't hear you over my brain yelling MORTAL HEAAAAAAART.

6. How did you start reading YA?

When I was a nascent young adult for a very little while I was steered aright by teachers. I quickly then grew pretentious beyond all measure, stopped listening, and then didn't start reading YA again until I was 23. I'm still playing catch-up.

7. What food are you craving right this minute?

I'm not. I'm not really a food-type person. I am much more always craving a good drink -- tea, coffee, flavored waters, smoothies.

8. What's your Hogwarts House and why?

I'm a Ravenclaw twice-over, both my own decision and Pottermore's. But I do admit there's a good 27% of me that is definitely Slytherin-ish. As for why.... cause I'm awesome and all Ravenclaws are awesome, DUH. Because Queen JK knows me, in my soul.

9. If you could make any fictional animal your pet, who would it be?


TOOTHLESS. There are so many I would add on after that but HOLY SHIT DO I NEED TO OWN A NIGHT FURY. One that acts and thinks like Toothless.... so Toothless. Definitely the version in the movies, however, and not the books. That is not myyyy Toothless.

10. What's your superpower? (Not which one do you want, but which one do you have?)



READING LIKE A SPEED DEMON. No, really, it is. I can read super fast -- at least 100 pages in an hour and more if I am invested in the novel and/or there's no distractions around me. It makes for a high bodycount by way of books read per year.


Passing this along to:
My coblogger, Danielle!
Ash @ YAdult Review
Morgan @ Gone With The Words
Lili @ Lili's Reflections
Ellis @ Finding Bliss in Books/The Random Transliterator
Nikki @ There Were Books Involved 
Terri @ Starlight Book Reviews
Ashleigh Paige @ The YA Kitten
aaand I think everyone else has already been tagged? TAG YOURSELF, YO.

My questions!

1. What is your ultimate ship, your #1 "this is my OTP!"-level ship?

2. If you could change the ending to any one book, what would it be and why?

3. Is there a book that everyone hates and you love? 

4. Which book does the blogosphere go crazy for and you just don't understand?

5. What is the worst book you have ever read? THE WORST. Why?

6. Your top three recommendations for someone who "doesn't read YA."

7. What if there was only one book-to-movie production in 2015. You get to decide which book -- so which one do you pick?

8. Would you rather have a new Harry Potter series about Harry in his later years or a a Marauders-era book series?

9. How do you pick your next read?

10. What book have you owned the longest that is still unread on your shelf?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.