September Books!

Thursday, September 24, 2015
September! I love September! So many great things start happening. The end of summer, the beginning of fall! Book Outlet sales! It's just a wonderful time to be alive and bookish.

Sent:


After the Woods by Kim Savage - a darker YA contemporary. I haven't heard much but the premise is very much Jessie bait.
My Second Life by Faye Bird - this sounds kind of like The Lost Girl and the themes and ideas being explored sound interesting and different.
These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas - Synopsis and some major coverlove lead me to this one.

Thank you, Macmillan!


From the lovely and wonderful Morgan

Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey (Wilde Island #1)
In the Time of the Dragon Moon by Janet Lee Carey (Wilde Island #2) - I have had both of these on my TBR for a while both because of DRAGONS and Morgan's own love for ITTOTDM. So I am very excited to dive into this series.
RHAEGAR TARGARYEN and LYANNA STARK TOTE (my OTP of all OTPs!!)


and a Stucky caaaard! <3333


So, as I mentioned, Book Outlet had a sale. And the paragon of self-control that I am, this was my haul:


The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #3)
Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #6)
A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #7)
The Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #8)
Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #9)
Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #10)
Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time #11)

This is a favorite series. One whose original covers were terrible and needed updating (plus these tall paperbacks take up less room than the giant hardcovers.) So buying 7 at less than $5 each was a solid choice.

But that's not all!


Shadow and Betrayal by Daniel Abraham (Long Price Quartet #1 and #2) - I raced through Abraham's other fantasy series last month. So this omnibus of the first two in another acclaimed series was an easy buy.
The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr - I've loved most of Zarr's books but I have heard from a few friends that this one is a bit more difficult to get into.
Singing the Dogstar Blues by Alison Goodman - Eon and Eona were such great fantasy books. It's been too long since I've read an AG novel so this should tide me over until Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club comes out. Plus? That cooooover.


Unsouled by Neal Shusterman (Unwind #3) - So this is a hard series to read, but it's also really thoughtful and good.
The Summer Tree by Guy Gavriel Kay (The Fionavar Tapedtry #1) - I've been hit or miss with some of GGK's novels but the last few were excellent. It's about time I try one of his most beloved books.
Indigo Springs by A.M. Dellmonica (Astrid Lethewood #1) - I don't know much about this and have only one friend who has read it but she loved it. So, on Christina's review, I'm trying it.

So besides Book Outlet, I also purchased:


Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #3) - I love my signed ARC from BEA 14 but I needed a finished copy. So. Here it is in all its glory.
The Shadow Behind the Stars by Rebecca Hahn - this author's debut was creepy and well-written. Also, dragons. And this sounds very promising.
Storm by Amanda Sun (Paper Gods #3) - I am so sad these books changed covers before the end of the series. I still like this cover but the others (esp. book one) were so striking! Also these books are creative and fun.

So, The Shadow Behind the Stars is beyond gorgeous in person, guys. This is one beautiful book.


See? Proof?




It's going to be displayed very prominently on my shelf, let me tell you.

Anyway. 



The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller (Nightmares! #2) - book one was fun and creepy. I am not sure how long that charm can last but then again, it's Marshall Jason Segel.



Lady of Magick by Sylvia Izzo Hunter (Noctis Magicae #2) - I love this cover. I haven't read the first book yet but I couldn't resist a sale.
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (The Winner's Trilogy #2) - fnally bought a finished copy to go with my ARC. I am going to have to reread these before book three comes out.



In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo - I don't know too much about this but: it was on sale for $4, Jim di Bartolo is really talented, it's not a straight narrative story. That was enough for me.
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed - I have had my eye on this since it came out and thanks to a giftcard, finally got it for myself.
White Cat by Holly Black (Curseworkers #1) - I have this in nook, but I love these covers and this is a favorite series and also I am a magpie and needed to own it. Worth it.
Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid - I opened this on a whim and didn't stop for two hours. And once I fed my dogs, I didn't stop until I finished the book. It was so good. Highly highly recommended.




Current look of most of the library:



What's new on your shelves? How is your September shaping up? Doesn't it seem like A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of books were pubbed so far?


2 comments:

  1. WRITTEN IN THE STARS was so good! I can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, right? I inhaled that novel in just one afternoon. I can't wait for her to write a new book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.