Birthday Book Haul

Friday, November 13, 2015
My birthday was a 10 days back and because I lovely wonderful people in life I was luckyk enough to get some books and bookish things to celebrate.


From my husband:






The entire Heritage of Shannara series - The Scions of Shannara, The Druid of Shannara, The El-Queen of Shannara, and the Talismans of Shannara. This series was a favorite when I was growing up and first finding epic fantasy to read -- I had a loooot of ships and OTPs and favorite characters. I'm sure it won't be quite as good as I remember but I'm excited.





I go back and forth on which Shannara novel is my favorite but it's always a contest between The Elfstones of Shannara (Wil and Amberle! Eretria! The Changeling! It's also where Brooks branches off into far mroe original territory than The Sword of Shannara but I dirgress) and this. I love the Wishsong of Shannara for a lot of reasons (Brin and Rone OTP, Allanon vs the Jachyra, Kimber Boh) but especially for GARET JAX one of my favorite characters in fantasy.





(these were all from Half Price Books and Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times  was clearance for $1. So he didn't spoil me too horribly.

Yet.)



I own all of Johanna Basford's coloring books and haven't completely finished any of them yet. But they are so fun and intimidating and intricate. Still, gorgeous. Lost Ocean is probably my favorite.




I've had City of Halves on my buy list forever for purely superficial reasons and finally found a copy! It mentions supernatural and serial killers so I had to have it. I've never even heard of The Path of Anger before but a fantasy version of France after the Revolution? Yessir sign me up to read that please. It's also already a bestseller in the author's native France, which is a good sign.




I've been on a nostalgia kick with fantasy -- like with all the Shannara books above -- so this was inevitable. This series was one of the first fantasy series my dad gave me to read and so I have a lot of love for it. I am not sure how it will hold up but it should be fun to go back and see how the first three books of The Belgariad hold up to memory.



He also bought me O-Ren Ishii, who hangs out with fellow swordswomen Lady Sif and Lagertha.

From my lovely coblogger:



A couple years ago Dani wrote a review about this ('Til The World Ends)that made me soo curious. However, I am weird about buying anthologies and never did. BUT NOW I CAN SEE and understand the love she has for Thorne myself. It's also Julie Kagawa and Ann Aguirre -- two strong authors, Aguirre a particular favorite for her Sirantha Jax series.


also from Dnan: delicious delicious Eos lip balm and MAXIMUS FUNKO POP which legit might be the cutest one of them all. I just need to find a fake apple to put near him on the bookshelf.


From wonderful Lyn at Great Imaginations:





The kind Dahlia Adler was kind enough to send me Behold the Bones because she knew how I loved Beware the Wild and Prometheus Books sent me The Secret Life of Anna Blanc for review :)



Last but definitely not least,



NEW MEDIATOR NOVEL FOR REVIEW!! Remembrance isn't out until2016 but I doubt I will be able to wait long before diving back into this series and then this sequel. I am ready to re-board this ship and sail into the sunset forever.

Any new books out you're excited for? Any old titles piquing your interest? Any old series needing a reread? I think I am going to go Lunar Chronicles this month and Harry Potter in December!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that GoT box set. I'm dead. Lyn is BEYOND amazing.

    I also need to get O-Ren to guard my books.

    Maybe I should give Shannara another shot before the series. I couldn't finish Sword, but I always heard Elfstones was better. (I had the Shannara game [I'm so old] about Shea and Menion's kids so I've got a pretty strong handle on the story.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just gorgeous? I am pretty sure they're the prettiest editions of these books ever.

      My goal is to collect all the dragon, direwolf, and girls-with-weapons FUNKO Pops :D

      YES PLEASE DO TRY SHANNARA. I don't like Sword very much at all and all the worldbuilding is rehashed in Elfstones ANYWAY. Doo ittttt. Do ittttttt

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.