Top Ten NaNoWriMo Novels

Tuesday, November 3, 2015
So today I am posting a TTT on my top ten read NaNo  novels (titles pulled from here). The actual topic is about debuts but it's also just getting into NaNo and NaNo has given us so many great books these last few years. Also it's my birthday today so I can post/do whatever I want.

 


1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 






Gorgeous cover, gorgeous book. This is one of my all-time favorite novels. It's magical and romantic and memorable. I am still waiting for the day Morgenstern's next book has an official pub date so I can begin the countdown.


2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins





This is not a perfect book but I loved it when I first read it and I loved upon rereading it last year. It's charming and fun and realistic and has YA's only hot short dude.

3. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard 





Zombies, Philadelphia, historical diversity,  and a character literally named Miss Fit -- what is there not to love about SSaD? Not much, really. I haven't finished this series but the first two novels were absolutely pure entertainment.

4. Born of Illusion by Teri Brown





This was another fun historical read. 1920s New York with magic and secret societies and hidden pasts. It's all very mysterious and very fun. Anna is a character with a lot to recommend her and remember her by.

5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell





So this is anovel that almost everyone in the blogging community has read or at least heard about. So many parts of this spoke to my soul as a person, as a reader, as an introvert. Rowell continues to grow and this, not E&P, is the book she should be remembered for.

6. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts





This book genuinely freaked me out both times I read it. It's a post-apocalyptic novel where something inside turns people into killers. It's creepy and full of tension and unpredictability.

7. Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal





This is a book in one of my favorite subgenres: manners and magic. A regency style story paired with magic and Austen-like characters and plot. I haven't read past this book in the series but it was a great blend of history and magic.


8. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy




Julie Murphy's debut was not a perfect read for me but I liked it for the things that set it apart. The main character is not the most likeable and Murphy refuses to sugarcoat her characters because of their circumstances. John Green'd TFIOS is the poor man's Side Effects May Vary.

9. The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi



I liked the premise for TNWSY a lot. It tries to do something different with a typical YA contemporary love story. It's not completely successful but it left me hopeful for what Gibaldi will write in the future.


10. The Darwin Elevator by Jason Hough



This had such a cool premise. And it's set in Australia! It's another series I haven't kept up with but this was a creative and different kind of novel.


Have you read any of these? Any of the other 300+ pubb'd NaNo novels?


EDIT: I missed the Lunar Chronicles! They are obviously tied for second place because The Lunar Chronicles.




4 comments:

  1. Wow I had no idea these books were written during NaNo. I just adore Anna and the French Kiss and Fangirl and look forward to reading Something Strange and Deadly, Side Effects May Very, and The Night Circus for sure. I might have to check out the other titles as well. My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cool that so many popular books started that way?? I find it fascinating and so cool. I am always impressed with people who even attempt NaNo!

      Delete
  2. THIS IS A VERY INSPIRING LIST <3 I didn't realize that Anna was a NaNo novel! I think most of Marissa Meyer's novels were NaNo too. I need to read most of these but I love the list you put together, birthday lady :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hoped it would be to my friends that are badass and NaNoing!

      YOU ARE RIGHT about the Lunar Chronicles! I even had her on my handwritten list. All of those books are obviously tied for second. I may have to edit this because GRIEVOUS ERROR.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.