Top Ten Books I Wish Had Spinoffs

Wednesday, February 8, 2017
 
Top Ten Tuesday is all thanks to The Broke and the Bookish! This lovely header is thanks to APR's own Dani.


This week is a freebie and I am also posting on Wednesday rather than Tuesday! It's anarchy!

I thought about doing "books I wish had dragons in them" but that... would be all of them. So. Since I tend to get attached to places/cultures/etc. as well as the people in a book, I thought of all the worlds that I had problems leaving. Some are recent reads, other are ones that have left me wanting more for years.



1. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge -- starring Nyx's sister, the often-heard-about but not seen on page Astraia.
2. The Royal We by Jessica Morgan & Heather Cocks -- starring Freddie, OF COURSE.
3. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton -- starring Ava, as an adult
4. Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn - starring the children of the book's OTP.



5. Dissonance and Resonance by Erica O'Rourke - starring Addie, the gay, cranky sister of the original duology's MC.
6. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi -- starring.. anyone! One of Alice's siblings, maybe? I just need more of this vibrant, magical world.
7. House of Shadows by Rachel Neumeier -- this book was just okay, but I loved the world and magic used. So.. redo?


8. The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman -- so not quiiiite a spinoff per se, but I would love a retelling of this from the viewpoint of the antagonist.
9. A Night Like This by Julia Quinn -- my favorite of the Smythe-Smith Quartet, this series desperately needs to continue with the lives of the hilarious Harriet, Elizabeth, and Frances.
10. Seraphina & Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman -- starring Orma. Or any of the other saarantrai, really. I just love the the creative world the author built in just two books.






4 comments:

  1. HEY LOOK AT THAT, THE ROYAL WE. *hides* But for real, I know Freddie is the Prince Harry character and since Harry is currently living a fairy tale life, I think we all deserve that spinoff book!!

    Ooh I loooved Cruel Beauty and now I want to reread! Haven't read Auburn yet but I am a Big Fan of OTP children! Bring on the next generation.

    I like the Julia Quinn cover and it's always a good idea to continue writing a fun series, especially when it has plenty of characters to use!

    I love the topic you chose this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAH yes yes TRW is following you all over the internet. I will get you to read it somehow!!

      GO READ AUBURN YOU WILL LOVE IT

      <3333

      Delete
  2. Man, I can't believe I still haven't read Cruel Beauty. The Book of Blood and Shadow was fantastic though and I would love more of that world too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CB is so good and so clever, I feel comfortable reccing to to nearly everyone. So. GO READ IT lol.
      Yes! Another fan of TBoBaS! Soo creepy and good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.